Sometimes you just get in a mood where you want a flavor in your mouth and you want it now. Most would just drive to the store or dive into their pantry in hope of finding something close enough to fufill that craving. Not me. I bake that cupcake if I’m craving it. Got to make myself work for that delicious sweet. So one night I craved mocha badly. I had just bought these new sprinkles from Trader Joes that would be perfect on them. Such cute cocoa pearls must be used.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Turn your oven to 350°
1.Take your sugar, coffee, vanilla extract, oil, vinegar and eggs and mix together in a bowl until well blended. (for newbie bakers: I learned this from my mom. Always mix your wets first before adding dry ingredients.)
2. A lot of people like to put all their dry ingredients in a small bowl but I add mine in one at a time into my coffee mixture that I prepared. So add your flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt and blend well.
3. Put your cupcake liner cups into your pans. With cupcakes you only want to fill 3/4 of the cup so it won’t overflow while baking. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can place a toothpick in and nothing sticks to it.
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 cups powered sugar (aka confectioners sugar)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt the butter but make sure it’s not too hot. (Baker Tip: Room temp. is always best for butter, eggs and even milk)
2. Place you butter in a large mixing bowl and add your cocoa and vanilla extract to be mixed together.
3. Now alternate between the powdered sugar and milk as you add it into the mixture. Blend well on a low/med speed. Add milk if needed. You want to have the right thick texture and not a glaze.
Once the cupcakes are cool you can start to frost them. Decorate ^.^ Any cool mocha decoration theme ideas? Share them!