So I’ve been experimenting with baking and trying to find a “no butter” option for a sweet. I wanted to use a veggie in it instead, so I used Avocados. I’m sure you could switch it out for apple sauce if you want to do that too. This is my recipe that I ended up with after 3 trials.
You will need for your muffins:
- 3 cups of Cake Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 1/2 avocados (I used 4 on my recent one but I think I prefer it with only 21/2) pureed
- 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup lactose free milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup of pureed fresh raspberries
- 1 lemon for lemon zest
1. Set your oven to 350°
2. Puree your avocados and raspberries. Put your avocado puree into a large bowl with your sugar and mix on high until blended. Once done with that, you add yours eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix together until fully blended.
3. Take your salt, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and add them to the mix. Blend on a low speed as you add eat ingredient. After you have done that, you can add in your 1/2 cup of pureed raspberries and mix together.
4. Fill each paper muffin cup about 2/3 high and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For the topping, I used lemon zest and powder sugar. You can also put a nice cream cheese frosting on this (though it won’t be lactose free anymore…. but still delicious). I also tried it without the raspberries and added a chocolate frosting on top instead. Let me know if you try it and if you found a better way to tweak. I got my picky brother to eat it, and he actually liked it. My dad thought it was too moist with 4 avocados, and I think 2 1/2 is the right amount.
You can also leave the raspberries out if you prefer and frost with chocolate frosting too.. but raspberry and chocolate together is delicious: