I’ve heard multiple ways of making this mousse and most are vegan. I personally wanted milk in mine and real sugar for the taste factor. Chocolate seems to be my weakness lately, and I wanted to make a dessert that would satisfy my craving, but not make me cringe next time I step on the scale.
You Need for Avocado Mousse:
- 2-4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar (or some other sugar option like agave or truvia)
- 1/2 cup milk (as always I used lactose free milk. This time I used a 2% milk because I wanted it a little creamier)
- 1 Tbs of vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp of peppermint extract (optional)
- pinch of salt
For Other Layers in the dessert from the picture:
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds without the shell (nuts could work really well for this too. Almonds would be perfect)
- French Vanilla Non Fat Yogurt (you can really use any yogurt. Imagine that sprinkle of instant coffee or heathbar yogurt. Heck you could make it a frozen yogurt on the bottom. MMMMmmmmm)
- Raspberry or berry of choice. You could even do chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips.
- Mint leaf
1. Whip the avocados in a food processor until creamy. Then place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and sweet enough to your liking. Mine tasted more like a dark chocolate. With the mint extract it really made the flavors burst. Use a spatula to make sure all is getting blended on the sides of the blender.
2. The sunflower seeds are going to be chopped up. Make sure it’s not too finely chopped up or it will be more of a thick powder. Remember you are looking for a sort of crunch.
3. Layer your ingredients into a dessert dish of choice. Serve and enjoy!