Good Morning! I feel refreshed and ready for the day on this rainy morning. While I was driving home from work, I was thinking of how I wanted an egg sandwich. Instead of paying five dollars though, I decided to make it at home. What a quick and delicious morning meal! On top of that, I saved money instead of taking the easy way. I pass a Dunkin Donuts on my way to and from work… so it’s sometimes very tempting, but I persevered!
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread (or bread of choice. Pumpernickel would be delicious!)
- 1/2 cup of 3 cheese shredded
- 1 Tbs of milk
- slice of tomato
- 3 leaves of spinach
- 1 Tbs of salsa
- chili powder to sprinkle
1. Cut a circle in your slice of bread with a cookie cutter or you can use what I did, a can lid of a jar. Works just as well. Place the circle in your toaster and toast how you like it.
2. Cook up your egg over easy. While you are waiting for the bottom to set and fry, cut up your slice of tomato and put it to the side until toast is ready.
3. If you have time before flipping egg, take your cheese and put into a microwave safe cup and put your Tsp of milk in with it. Place in microwave for 30 seconds or until it’s more of a cheesy thick liquid.
4. When egg is done, place it on top of the tomato that is on top of your circle of toast. Drizzle the cheesy sauce on top of your egg and then sprinkle some chili powder on top.
5. Now add your spinach and place your salsa on top of the spinach. There you go! You have breakfast ready in no time! Oh so delicious!
Now just grab yourself a cup of coffee, tea, or OJ and watch the rain pour. Don’t forget a nice book! I just picked up this book at the Used Book Store yesterday: