So I feel like I’ve been MIA for a good month now. With weddings and my application to college for the fall… it’s been busy. Well enough of that! Back to the food! I’ve missed writing here and sharing more experiences with you. Since I last talked to you all I’ve:
- Been to 2 weddings
- Took a wine making course (post to follow soon)
- Bought my first wine making kit.. it’s going to be a Malbec!
- Got accepted into the Honors Program at the college I applied to! Woot!
- Learned some new recipes
- Found out that ignoring your garden can still get you something
- Was shown a raised garden and given advice for my future gardening endeavors.
- Went to an amazing tea shop in Portland Maine called Dobra Tea.
My mom baked me a vanilla frosted spice cake. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had spice cake. I don’t think she ever made me one before, but it was the perfect way to end the night. It was peaceful and no stress creeping up. The cards become more important as you get older than just ripping open to find the money like we all did as kids. All of my grandparents sent me a card and a short letter inside. My parents gave me money for the bike I want to get, and my brother hugged me a lot. The kids on my junior high bus ride sang me happy birthday, and I cringed when they chanted “Are you 1? Are you 2? Are you 3?…”
We all have a guilty pleasure show. In high school, it was Buffy the Vampire slayer while hanging on the phone with my best friend Kelly as we watched it together after school. Now? It’s Pretty Little Liars. Yes, I understand they are in high school and I am totally not… but it’s a great murder mystery.